The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or its equivalent. A graduate degree is also desirable, as well as any relevant advanced professional competencies evidenced by professional certifications such as a CPA, CA, ACCA, or CMA. Accounting focused professional licenses and/or other forms of continuing professional education is required.
A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience is required in relevant industries which may include experience in financial statement consolidation, financial analysis, financial statement preparation, accounting research, mergers & acquisitions, taxation, process/change management or strategy/management consulting. Specific operational experience in energy related activities, infrastructure, utilities (public and/or private), joint ventures and subsidiaries, government sector, non-profits and public administration would be desirable. Specific corporate business integration experience would also be desirable (start-ups experience and related activities).
Extensive knowledge of accounting policies and procedures established pursuant to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is required as well as a strong understanding of the content of financial statements prepared within the IFRS framework. Extensive knowledge of accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry and the ability to conduct research on an IFRS or Saudi Aramco accounting or financial reporting matter is preferred. A successful candidate will be able to prepare preliminary findings, analyze alternative approaches, and recommend a preferred action for Saudi Aramco. The candidate will have demonstrated the capability to make presentations or lead meetings, including at the executive level. Leadership skills are desirable. Proficiency in both oral and written English is required. SAP or equivalent ERP systems experience is highly desirable
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be required to perform the following:
- Consolidation of financial data including from the Company, subsidiaries and joint venture entities
- Financial statement review, analysis, and preparation
- Research accounting literature to address current issues involving accounting and financial reporting
- Perform analysis, make recommendations, prepare responses on consolidation matters
- Prepare confidential and technical financial reports and forecasts
- Coordinate with auditors and provide full support for audit/review of consolidated financial statements
- Provide financial expertise to subsidiaries, JV’s or within the Company
- Joint venture, M&A integration support from a financial statement perspective
- Provide Ad hoc financial expertise as required.