MaloneBailey, LLP is actively seeking qualified candidates for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity in our SEC Audit Practice. MaloneBailey, LLP is based in Houston, Texas and has offices in Beijing and Shenzhen. Since the firm’s founding over three decades ago, our commitment to deliver microcap audit services has enabled our practice to become one of the largest in the world, and it’s still growing.
We offer a unique opportunity to work almost exclusively on public companies. We audit over 100 public companies on an annual basis therefore as an auditor at MaloneBailey, you will likely see more public company filings here than at any other firm. You get exposed to the entire audit process much earlier and are also exposed to the technical issues much sooner. We offer versatility in terms of the industries we serve and have clients in a variety of sectors including oil & gas, biotech, manufacturing, retail, high tech and much more.
Work / life balance is important to us and we offer much more flexibility through a variety of programs and initiatives, including flex hours, an optional overtime bank, an experimental 9/80 schedule during the non busy weeks and a computer set up at home. However, we’re still a CPA firm so it’s not all roses. We still have a pretty “busy” busy season, although hours are normally capped at 55-60 hours per week. So, depending on your jobs, you would likely work less overall hours at MB.
Culture is important to us. As a smaller firm, we offer a greater sense of belonging and everyone contributes to the culture of our firm vs. conforming to a larger firm's culture. Because our clients are smaller, we can do most of the audit work in our offices so there’s very little travel, which means more time with your friends and family here in Houston! Since you’re in the office most of the time, everyone becomes closer and we like to think of ourselves as one big family. We work hard and play hard - with lots of social events, various committees and a robust training program, there are plenty of opportunities to plug in and get involved.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead client audit engagements, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial audits.
- Lead team with a thorough understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit processes and procedures
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform other job related duties as necessary.